Ad-Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia SC-square
COLUMBIA, S.C. – July 20, 2017 – PRLog — Hundreds of 1000’s of tourists are anticipated to take pleasure in greater than 100 eclipse-related occasions within the Columbia, South Carolina area — “Total Eclipse Capital of the East Coast” — throughout the lengthy weekend of August 18-21, 2017, when viewers will see the longest complete photo voltaic eclipse for a metro space on the East Coast: http://totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com/event/.
What vacationers will discover is one thing that Columbia, S.C. space locals take pleasure in year-round: the authenticity and vibrancy of the sudden city south, with walkable life-style districts, nationally acknowledged tourism locations, family-friendly points of interest, top-notch cultural and humanities choices, lovely rivers and out of doors adventures, chef-driven eating places, impartial boutique purchasing, public artwork, reside music and extra. Entertainment prospects are countless in Columbia, S.C., the place the cultural calendar is simply as candy because the iced tea. Plan your Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C. right here: http://totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com/event/
During the extremely anticipated complete photo voltaic eclipse on August 21, 2017 at 2:41 p.m., totality within the larger Columbia, South Carolina space will vary from 2 minutes and 30 seconds as much as 2 minutes and 36 seconds of darkness in the midst of the afternoon. Learn extra: http://totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com/about/
Thrillist urges vacationers to go to the dynamic capital metropolis earlier than it is too common, whereas The New York Times, Fodor’s Travel, the UK’s Telegraph, USA Today, Forbes, the Washington Post and extra spotlight the “Total Eclipse Capital of the East Coast” as one of many high journey locations within the nation to observe the entire photo voltaic eclipse. View press highlights: http://totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com/in-the-news/
Now is the time to Experience Columbia, S.C.!
Entities and places internet hosting occasions within the larger Columbia, S.C. area that supply year-round hospitality, programming and actions:
• Congaree National Park, S.C.’s solely nationwide park and largest previous development bottomland forest in SE
• South Carolina State Museum, Planetarium, 4D Theater & Boeing Observatory
• Lake Murray, with 650 miles of shoreline, Lake Murray Dam, Dreher Island State Park and extra
• Saluda Shoals Park on the Congaree River
• “Southern Lights” Laser Art Installation on the Congaree River
• Columbia Fireflies Minor League Baseball Team and Spirit Communications Park at BullStreet
• Sesquicentennial State Park
• Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
• 12,000-Year History Park and Timmerman Trail by the Congaree River in Cayce, S.C.
• Historic Columbia Speedway festivals in Cayce, S.C.
• Richland Library’s innovative new services, maker areas and extra
• Riverfront Park, Finlay Park, newly renovated Owens Field park and an array of City of Columbia Parks
• Congaree River outings with Carolina Outdoor Adventures and extra
• The University of South Carolina
• The South Carolina State Fair occasions and annual State Fair
• The Main Street District, The Vista, Five Points, Devine Street, Rosewood, State Street in West Columbia and different life-style districts
• Local artwork entities like One Columbia for the Arts & History, the Jasper Project, Izms of Art music and artwork collective, Palmetto Y Luna Arts, Tiny Coven Bellydance, Power Company fashionable dance firm, Lyon Hill fashionable puppetry, Infinite Room listening area, artist Michaela Pilar Brown, Soda City Standup, indie bands like Seventy Six & Sunny and Prettier than Matt, and extra
• West Columbia Riverwalk and Amphitheater
• Robert Mills House & Gardens and Historic Columbia
• Columbia Museum of Art
• Nickelodeon Theatre
• South Carolina Philharmonic
• Tapp’s Art Center
• EdVenture Children’s Museum
• Music Farm Columbia, host to nationwide touring bands and native festivals
• Farm to Table Event Co. harvest dinners and festivals at City Roots Urban Farm
• Motor Supply Co. Bistro, The Oak Table, Za’s on Devine, Cantina 76, Publico Kitchen & Tap, 1616 Gervais Bistro, Let’s Cook Culinary Studio, The Sheraton Downtown Columbia Hotel rooftop bar, Bone-In Barbeque, Real Mexico, Wurst Wagen, The Whig, Pelican Snoballs, and different native meals & drink locations
• Columbia Food Tours and Two Gals and a Fork culinary excursions
• Lexington County Blowfish Baseball
• Mercer House Estate Winery in Lexington, S.C.
• Enoree River Winery in Newberry, S.C.
• Doko Meadows Park in Blythewood, S.C.
• Revente, Sid & Nancy and different independently owned retailers
• Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center occasions
Plan your summer season photo voltaic eclipse trip and expertise the sudden, city south in Columbia, S.C: http://totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com/plan-your-trip/
Learn all about Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C.: http://www.totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com
About Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C.
One of the Southeast’s most vibrant mid-sized cities, Columbia, S.C., is dwelling to the longest complete photo voltaic eclipse for a metro space on the East Coast and can host Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C., a protracted weekend of greater than 100 eclipse-related festivals and occasions, from Aug. 18 to 21, 2017. At 2:41 p.m. on Monday, August 21, 2017, viewers within the larger Columbia, S.C., space will expertise as much as 2 minutes and 36 seconds of darkness in the midst of the afternoon. NASA estimates that South Carolina may see an inflow of as much as 1 million guests to witness the U.S.’ first transcontinental complete photo voltaic eclipse in 99 years. The Columbia, S.C., area’s lengthy weekend of eclipse occasions consists of a wide range of giant and small festivals; kid-friendly/household actions; meals & drink events; out of doors river and lake adventures; schooling, science & historical past occasions; artwork, movie & dance happenings and extra. Dubbed the “Total Eclipse Capital of the East Coast,” Columbia, S.C., has been named a high U.S. viewing metropolis by the New York Times, Fodor’s Travel, UK’s Telegraph, USA Today, Forbes, the Chicago Tribune, the Boston Globe, the Washington Post and others. Follow @TotalEclipseCAE and plan your Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C. at http://www.totaleclipsecolumbiasc.com.
Facebook: www.fb.com/totaleclipsecae | Twitter & Instagram: @TotalEclipseCAE | Hashtags: #TotalEclipseCAE | #RealColumbiaSC
Columbia, South Carolina's 100+ Eclipse Events Reveal a Vibrant Southern City to Visit Year Round by: Pamela Hendrix published: