Romance- Different Desires Different Personalities
Finding a good quality relationship that you can be happy in is a challenge. There are all sorts of people out there and they all have different desires and personalities. Finding someone who can spark the romance in your relationship is something you should be happy about.
So once you find that special someone, you want to keep them. Letting your relationship crash and burn over stupid reasons is, well, stupid. So many relationships out there can be salvaged with just a little work, but people either do not know what to do or are too stubborn to actually do it.
If you want to make sure your relationship stays healthy, then there are some basic tips you should follow. These tips will not guarantee success, but if you adhere to them you should have a higher chance for your relationship working out.
1. Keep your act together. When you first start dating, you were always on time and always reliable, but as time wore on you may have gotten busy with life, or maybe lost a little interest. Whatever the reason, if you want to keep your relationship then you need to be dependable and be there when you say you will be there.
2. Be tactful. When dealing with romance what you say can have a huge impact on your relationship. Sometimes being honest can actually hurt your partner. But that does not mean you should lie, even a little. Instead, just watch what you say. How you word it can make all the difference.
3. Do not be a people pleaser. In so many relationships you will get the one person that will just do anything and everything in order to make their partner happy. Consideration is nice, but if you go to that extreme you are just making it miserable for yourself.
4. Do not gossip. A relationship is built on trust. The day they stop trusting you is the day that relationship is dead. If they confide in you, do not turn around and tell your friends, keep it between the two of you.
5. Be kind. It may seem a little cliche at this point, but treating others as you would like to be treated is still very much valid. If you want to be treated with kindness and respect, treat your partner with kindness and respect as well.
6. Listen. Too many relationships fail simply because one partner never listened to the other. If you do not listen, you will not hear when they have a problem and as such you will not be able to fix it.
7. Give as much as you take. The key to any successful romance is knowing that it is a back and forth. Instead of always doing what you want to do, swap off and go where they want to go.
8. Communicate. This is probably the single biggest problem so many relationships face. They simply do not communicate. People are not mind readers, if you do not tell them when you have a problem, they will not know. So instead of keeping things to yourself, openly discuss them with your partner.